Stand With Tracy Stand With Tracy
Join the fight to ensure Manhattan DA Bragg drops all charges against Tracy McCarter
Support Tracy’s Healing & Fight for Justice
Donate to support Tracy as she continues to fight for justice. Our goal is to raise $10k by Tracy’s birthday, August 5th,
to help cover expenses to support her wellbeing.
You can also buy #StandWithTracy merch at the SWT online store.
Over 60 organizations and institutions have signed on to urge Manhattan DA
Alvin Bragg to use his prosecutorial discretion to drop all charges against Tracy McCarter. This letter was delivered to DA Bragg via email on March 11, 2022 and was printed as an advertisement, sponsored by Color of Change, in The New York Times on May 22 and May 29, 2022.
Sign the Petition to #DropHerCharges
Follow On Social Media
- “Who Is Safer When We Criminalize Domestic Violence Survivors?” by Brea Baker in Elle
- “Pressure mounts for Manhattan district attorney to drop charges of criminalized survivor Tracy McCarter” by Tamar Sarai Davis in Prism
- “DA Alvin Bragg Still Won’t Drop Charges Against Manhattan Woman Charged with Murder Who Says She Acted in Self-Defense” by Jessica Washington in The City
- “Alvin Bragg’s unjust prosecution: Tracy McCarter should be freed” op-ed by Dr. Uché Blackstock in New York Daily News
- “Attorneys Raise Body Camera Evidence Questions In Manhattan “Self-Defense” Murder Case” by Victoria Law in Gothamist
- “Prosecutors Ignored Evidence of Her Estranged Husband’s Abuse. She Faces 25 Years in Prison for Murder.” By Lauren Gill in The Intercept
- “Murder Case Exposes Bail System’s Flaws, Advocates for Abuse Victims Say” by Deanna Paul in The Wall Street Journal